Saturday, May 11, 2013

Okay, Terri and the girls read my posts and said, "Boring!"  So I just deleted my last post on the difficulties of plotting routes through the east coast states (too late to remove the first post; sorry) and will try again.

According to daughter, Karissa, I should have just said, "Why in the world couldn't east coast road planners design straight roads?"  For west coast roads, my itinerary essentially says, "Go east on this road for 63 miles, and continue on the same road for the next 5 days!"  I discovered that the longest east coast road, aside from interstates, is about 3/4 mile! I guess they wanted to keep the speeds down or something.


3 comments:

  1. Daughter Karissa here... good job Ray!! Now I can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have said from the beginning, I just get on the bike, stay behind Ray and Terri, and pedal..they turn, I turn..ha...excited and nervous all at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An advantage of the east coast, though, is that there is a town about every five miles. Here in the west, we will have stretches of 50 miles up to 120 miles where we will not find a town.

    ReplyDelete